Monday, December 22, 2008

Team World Vision


Last October I ran my first marathon. It was the most physically and mentally challenging feat I have ever completed. There were times where I wanted to call it quits, but I kept on moving. This April, I am running my 2nd marathon. This time, however, I wanted to take up a cause that is greater than myself. So, I decided to team up with Team World Vision. This is a Christian organization that helps children and families all across the world. My goal is to raise $500 for this cause. Here are some ways you can help. First, pray for World Vision and the children they help. Also, pray for me in my quest to complete the marathon. Four months of time consuming training can be taxing on a body. Pray that I will stay injury free. Another way is to read my blog at adamburton.net. I will post updates of my training and other thoughts as I go through my journey. Lastly, you can contribute to Team World Vision on my behalf. I am asking individuals to donate $26.20, or a dollar for every mile in a marathon. This money goes straight to World Vision. I do not receive a penny, nor do I want to. You can contribute on my site, adamburton.net.

No comments: