Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Year

This is my first post of the new year. I want to begin with a review of the last year. 2008 was my first year of serious running. I have been running causally for a couple years now, but I have accomplished some great firsts last year. In April I ran in the Derby Festival miniMarathon with a time of 2:12:53. It was the first time I had ran in a race over 10 miles and it was difficult, but I felt good afterwards. In July I began training for my first marathon and ran a total of 225.24 miles in preparation the toughest event of the year. On October 19, I ran in the Louisville Marathon in 5:07:24.79. This was by far the hardest thing I have ever done, but my greatest feat. As you can see distance running is far more than running the race, but all the miles you log in preparation. All in All, I logged 63 runs for a total of 388.7 miles in 69:49:57.

I had a great year of running. I am in the best shape of my life and feel great. I plan on 2009 being even a better year. Here are a list of things I want to accomplish this year:

Complete the Triple Crown of Running
Raise $500 for Team World Vision
Complete the Derby Festival Marathon
Complete the Birmingham Xterra Mountain Triathlon (Tentative)
Complete the Louisville Marathon

1 comment: