Friday, June 27, 2008

Fish Fry

Tonight I went to a good ol' Catholic Church fish fry benefiting the Anderson County Relay for Life. I'm not a big fish eater, but the Catholics sure know how to fry some good fish. It was great to sit around for a couple hours chatting with friends. It seemed like the whole town was there. I joked with a friend that there were as many Baptists there as Catholics.

After getting from eating some food I decided to go for a run. Probably not a smart move, but I haven't been able to run the past couple of days because I had a date with a great girl on Wednesday and it stormed last night. I thought I would make up for it by running 5 miles tonight. After about mile three I was wanting to throw up my fish. My stomach finally settled and I finished the run feeling good. Now I'm sitting on my deck icing my knees down enjoying the beautiful evening.

Speaking of last night...The Lawrenceburg Rotary Club had it's annual Officer Installation and Awards Dinner. I joined Rotary a little over a year ago and have greatly enjoyed my tenure there. I am with a great group of dedicated individuals and a great organization that does a lot of good around the world. I was honored to receive the perfect attendance award. This is no small feat in that we meet 50 times a year. Granted, I did miss a few meetings because of other obligations, however I did make those meetings up giving me perfect attendance. One year pales in comparison do the steadfast participation of individuals like John Allen Perry who has 15 years perfect attendance, Paul Hanks with 19 years, and Capp Turner with 42 years of perfect attendance! Talk about dedication. I hope to make it as long as Capp. Not only did I receive the perfect attendance award, but I was also selected to be a member of the board service as the club service director. I'm not exactly sure what duties it includes, but I received a book and a really cool lapel pin that goes with the job. I'm sure I'll figure it out pretty soon. I am humbled to serve such a great organization.

No comments: