Sunday, August 10, 2008

Midsummer Night's Run


It has been another good week of running. I logged in 25.1 miles including a 5k race. This is the second year I have run in the Midsummer Night's Run in Lexington. It is a fun 5k in the evening, hence the name. This year I ran with my amazing girlfriend, Jess. I ran the race in 25:41 (8:18 per mile) which is much faster than last year, 28:18. I'm in a whole lot better shape than I was at this time last year.

Tonight I got 13 miles in. It was a beautiful night to run. The sky was clear and I saw the sun go down and the moon rise. The stars looked like freckles. When I ran by the Middle School, the sign said the temp was 66 degrees. I could hear the crickets chirping and my feet hitting the pavement. My long run this week is down from 13 to 10 miles. It will be a recovery week from the long miles. I'm feeling the best I have ever felt and am looking forward to the Louisville Marathon in October.

No comments: