Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Olympic Marathon

I am blogging tonight while watching the Men's Olympic Marathon. As a distance runner I love watching a marathon. It is so inspiring to see the best runners in the world run much faster than I could ever imagine. It inspired me so much to go out and run myself. Instead of sitting and watching the 2 hour marathon live, I decided to record it and go out and run. My long run this week was 15 miles. I have to say it has been the most difficult run thus far. I should know it is, because it is the longest I have ever run. At about mile 13 my legs began to tire and I could fatigue set in, however I kept on pushing. You can't stop when you feel a little discomfort. When you run a lot of miles, you are going to feel some pain. That is what makes distance running difficult, but rewarding. Now I'm sitting on my couch at 12:41 am watching my recorded marathon (not knowing who won yet) icing my knees.

No comments: